Home > General > Blog Style

Blog Style

So, it has finally dawned on me, that I should experiment with different styles of writing for my blog. Thanks to one of my best friends, Vanessa, who also has a blog here, I am now aware of some great blog sites that all have a particularly different style. (Vanessa stumbles upon, and reads these different blogs and always suggests them to me, so I get a lot of good stuff from her.)

17 and Baking is one of them–Elissa, who was 17 when she started baking (and who is now 18), blogs around pictures of food and things that she bakes. It’s an interesting style because her stories come from her own life, which is very dynamic at age 18, and is centered around the pictures of her own food that she has baked. I really like this style, because it’s somewhat like my own personal style, where I like to detail particular events or happenings. As well as focus on or write about particular feelings, emotions, or meaningful thoughts and actions.

The Pioneer Woman is another one–Ree Drummond, a country housewife and stay-at-home mother, (words that give her less credit than the amazing woman that she actually is) blogs on a daily basis, very casually with lots of pictures about her everyday life, which include anything from her and her husband’s HUGE ranch, to her children, to her animals, to her cookbook, to her redecorating, to the holidays, to ANYTHING. I like this particular style as well because she manages to get all kinds of things out on her blog DAILY, from recipes, to her daily blog (“Confessions”), to oodles of pictures, and even prize giveaways! I don’t know where she finds the time, but I’d like to be able to put out this much content so that I could keep readers interested.

There are many more styles that I’ve seen, but I have yet to develop a real style for myself. Hopefully I can devote more time to blogging and share with you all the dynamic things happening in my own life in a particularly interest-capturing style. 🙂

Advertisements
Categories: General
  1. November 8, 2010 at 9:15 am

I’m glad you like them! Looking forward to your experimentation :).

• November 8, 2010 at 9:22 am

Thanks! I feel like I have nothing particularly interesting to blog about as of yet, or the time to keep doing it so consistently, but I’ll try! :p

2. Mar
    November 15, 2010 at 5:41 am

Experimenting eh~? Well, one can never truy stop discovering one’s self right?

I enjoy The Pioneer Woman’s blog as well, and mainly because her snippets that comes with the awesome photos are amusing. ; )

Just wondering.. do you know about Dooce.com?

Btw allow me to recommend this 22yr old lady’s beautiful musings/writings that are as eloquent as a passage out of Shakespeare: Quaintly.net (Ok, I’ll admit that I’m not a Shakespeares person but I simply quoted him because he seems kind of.. famous???)

• November 15, 2010 at 8:33 am

Hahahaha! Thanks Mar! I’ve never heard of dooce.com or quaintly.net, but I’ll check them out. Sounds interesting. 🙂

3. November 16, 2010 at 10:02 am